EMEA General Manager
EMEA General Manager
The future of work will look quite different than it does today. Employees will no longer be required to commute daily to their company offices. Instead, the “workplace” of the future will be a hybrid of in-office, at-home, plus a network of public and private spaces. We believe where you work impacts how you work. The right space has the power to help people work more efficiently, effectively, happily. We’re on a mission to power productivity by connecting your employees to work spaces tailored to their needs. We are at the leading edge of this wave, having built a world-class network of on-demand work spaces and a corresponding digital platform that makes it simple to search for and book desks, meeting rooms, and private offices. We are a fast growing company that is equal parts technology and hospitality. We pride ourselves on listening to clients and helping them plan and execute their workplace strategies, and exceed their company objectives, all while delighting their customers with truly inspiring places in which to work. We're looking for a leader that will help the company develop and execute a strategy to grow throughout the EMEA region. This role is multifaceted and responsibilities include managing our relationships with our space operators, our team customers, and coordinating cross-functionally with our globally distributed team.
Our core values guide our culture, communication, prioritization of tasks, design, decision-making, and more. We look for people who embody these values and are passionate about delivering an exceptional experience to everyone we interact with.
- Customers First: Through exceptional customer service, intuitive design, and seamless technology
- Enabled access, we aim to delight our members and deliver an easy and efficient experience every time they use our product.
- Building the future work environment: We’re helping build the future of real estate. ****Our team embraces new ideas, new tools, and new technology. We believe in an evolved future that is different, but will also feel familiar due to our human-centered design.
- Grounded & Pragmatic: We take a practical approach to implementing our vision, solving problems, and serving our users with products that address their needs simply and efficiently.- **Great at work, Remarkable at Teamwork:** Our team is high performing. We interact effectively, transparently, honestly, timely, and in support of each other with thoughtful and smart communication.
Our EMEA General Manager will lead our regional business originating in London and quickly growing throughout the broader region. This team member will be a key person in our leadership team as we craft and deploy a scalable strategy supporting the company's growth throughout the region. This is a new role for the business that will require you to be strategic in your thinking, as well as hands-on and proactive to scale the businesses' operations. As a member of our leadership team, you will work with our broader organization in ensuring that all policies, protocols, and standards are defined and upheld in your jurisdiction. We're looking for an experienced generalist to manage the following:
- Be the main point of contact for our global team and the operations, growth, and local teams within the EMEA region.
- Build and maintain relationships with space operators in the region.- Identify new opportunities with space operators and facilitate onboarding with our Workspace Partnership team.
- Partner with local landlords and building operators offering flexible workspace solutions.**An ideal candidate for this role would be:**- Having previous experience in the Coworking/Flexible Workspace industry in EMEA, and proven experience growing a business regionally.
- A people person! We are looking for someone who can effectively lead and connect with our team and partners. This person will need to be in tune with the requirements of all parties involved.
- Comfortable having phone or video calls with workspaces, prospective partners, vendors, answering a variety of questions, and able to customize responses by keeping all parties' perspectives in mind.
- A natural salesperson. You'll be our key representative in the region and we're looking for someone who is charming, persuasive, logical and thinks out of the box.
- Knowledgeable of regional ordinances that effect the business. Our GM should know local rules, laws, and cultural traditions that effect our business.
- Having a keen ability to translate trends into actionable advice that anticipates customer and market needs and leads the market.
- Able to set quarterly and annual goals and meet them continually, knowing it takes consistency and planning to achieve larger goals.
- Proactive in sharing their feedback and experiences with the team, while able to give suggestions or come up with new ideas to resolve an issue or improve the experience for all of our stakeholders.
- Genuinely excited about the work we're doing! It's an incredibly exciting time in our industry and we are looking for someone that is genuinely excited and motivated to push things forward.- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
- Dynamic, creative, and collaborative work environment in a driven team.
- Flexible work schedule. Having a comfortable and stimulating work environment is important to us. We are constantly working to create something unique and exciting that connects people with welcoming communities and beautiful work spaces. We build our work schedule together to help the team be its creative best.
- Competitive compensation & bonus program, as well as a benefits package.
Location & Availability
Our team is fully distributed, while this is a remote role we are looking for someone that lives in the EMEA region and has the capacity and availability to travel to our growing network of cities and spaces in EMEA.###
Communication will be through online channels (Slack or otherwise) as well as voice communication as needed (Zoom/Phone/Google Hangout/etc.)
This role will report directly to the CEO and work with our executive leadership team.
- Accountable for the delivery of Team, Consumer, and Space Operator experience expectations within EMEA.
- Support all regional efforts to drive adoption and expansion. Provide regular status updates on all aspects of local projects to leadership, raise issues and proactively recommend solutions in support of company goals.
- Aid in the creation of international expansion plans; suggest improvements and modifications to playbook when appropriate.
- Provide early warning of potential operational issues to both our customers and the company.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of the terms and developments within the coworking industry. Stay informed of industry trends, new opportunities, and the competitive landscape.
- Function as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how we can better serve our customers. Collaborate effectively with internal teams when product issues or feature requests surface that should to be addressed.
- Oversee regional team performance, morale, and achievements, and bring to the attention of the management team any high-performers and/or team issues.
- Manage regional team meetings for both internal and external stakeholders. Mentor team members, providing guidance on identifying and escalating issues and risks.
- Identify the team’s training needs, and make suggestions to team members and leadership.
- Keep track of the team’s ongoing progress.
Growth & Sales
- Develop, manage, and supervise sales and growth initiatives in EMEA, driving the team to hit targets and goals.
- Develop a strong pipeline of potential customers and prospective partners, ensuring we continue to grow our regional supply and demand – you should be closing new business opportunities all the time!
- Work with the Growth & Workspace Management team to ensure sales and outreach is conducted in the most compelling regional way.
- Serve as the regional voice of the customer and assist Marketing teams with messaging, use cases, white papers, and other marketing collateral.
- Lead regional sales presentations and convert qualified opportunities into wins.
Community Engagement & Customer Support
- Aid our customers and account team with the setup, configuration, and training to ensure our product for Teams is a perfect fit.
- Serve as key point of contact for customers during their critical first months of usage. Serve as an escalation point for the customer for all items related daily operations.
- Develop, expand and work alongside internal teams to drive community partnerships in the EMEA region.
- Attend networking events and be the Ambassador of the company. Build, develop and maintain long-term relationships with user and operator customers within our community.
- Support our customer service team to insure account issues are resolved quickly, utilizing resources from across the Technical Support, Sales, and Engineering teams.
- Support account teams in identifying churn risk, and work proactively to eliminate that risk.
Finance and Administration
- Work closely with the Finance team and external auditors to ensure the region's finances are accurate and up to date.
- Review P&L for all regional markets, and make recommendations for improving revenue, and reducing costs and overhead.
- Produce and submit monthly Manager P&L reports with an overview of revenue, expenses, operation costs, net profit, issues, concerns, improvements and targets.
Must Have Skills & Experience
The EMEA General Manager is considered a senior role. A candidate must have the following professional experiences prior to applying:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a client-facing role.
- Minimum 5 years experience with managing projects.
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospitality, retail, startup, coworking or related fields.
- 3 to 5 years of B2B sales experience with customers between 50 to 5000 employees.
- Proven abilities to manage project scope, resources, and financials.
- Experience in leading small teams, spearheading growth of top and bottom line performance.
- At least 1-2 years professional experience in one of the following fields: operations, administration, community management, or other highly
-communicative, process-oriented, and growth-focused fields.
- Skilled with Excel/Google Sheets, building and communicating financial forecasts, performance models, and mathematical concepts in spreadsheets.
- Comfortable with remote-team communication and software such as Slack and G Suite applications. Experience with Notion is a plus.- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals.
- A unique ability to interact with customers to understand their needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-growth, dynamic environments.
- Ability to handle pressure, fast thinking with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail: able to spot spelling or grammar errors in long text, or notice when software is not working the way it should.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, helpful and a good sense of humor is always appreciated.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- Possess a strong international background, preferably in the Asia Pacific region working with a diverse team.
- Previously worked for a coworking space, workspace management company, or, have been closely involved with the daily operations of a flexible workspace.
- Proven abilities to manage projects and work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven abilities motivating and managing highly functioning and fully distributed teams.
- Experience working in a start-up.
- A background in customer service.
Sales and Business development Intern
Sales and Business development Internship
Let's talk. Use our form to send us a message or contact us at email@example.com