EMEA General Manager
The future of work will look quite different than it does today. Employees will no longer be required to commute daily to their company offices. Instead, the “workplace” of the future will be a hybrid of in-office, at-home, plus a network of public and private spaces. We believe where you work impacts how you work. The right space has the power to help people work more efficiently, effectively, happily. We’re on a mission to power productivity by connecting your employees to work spaces tailored to their needs. We are at the leading edge of this wave, having built a world-class network of on-demand work spaces and a corresponding digital platform that makes it simple to search for and book desks, meeting rooms, and private offices. We are a fast growing company that is equal parts technology and hospitality. We pride ourselves on listening to clients and helping them plan and execute their workplace strategies, and exceed their company objectives, all while delighting their customers with truly inspiring places in which to work. We're looking for a leader that will help the company develop and execute a strategy to grow throughout the EMEA region. This role is multifaceted and responsibilities include managing our relationships with our space operators, our team customers, and coordinating cross-functionally with our globally distributed team.
Our core values guide our culture, communication, prioritization of tasks, design, decision-making, and more. We look for people who embody these values and are passionate about delivering an exceptional experience to everyone we interact with.
- Customers First: Through exceptional customer service, intuitive design, and seamless technology
- Enabled access, we aim to delight our members and deliver an easy and efficient experience every time they use our product.
- Building the future work environment: We’re helping build the future of real estate. ****Our team embraces new ideas, new tools, and new technology. We believe in an evolved future that is different, but will also feel familiar due to our human-centered design.
- Grounded & Pragmatic: We take a practical approach to implementing our vision, solving problems, and serving our users with products that address their needs simply and efficiently.- **Great at work, Remarkable at Teamwork:** Our team is high performing. We interact effectively, transparently, honestly, timely, and in support of each other with thoughtful and smart communication.
Our EMEA General Manager will lead our regional business originating in London and quickly growing throughout the broader region. This team member will be a key person in our leadership team as we craft and deploy a scalable strategy supporting the company's growth throughout the region. This is a new role for the business that will require you to be strategic in your thinking, as well as hands-on and proactive to scale the businesses' operations. As a member of our leadership team, you will work with our broader organization in ensuring that all policies, protocols, and standards are defined and upheld in your jurisdiction. We're looking for an experienced generalist to manage the following:
- Be the main point of contact for our global team and the operations, growth, and local teams within the EMEA region.
- Build and maintain relationships with space operators in the region.- Identify new opportunities with space operators and facilitate onboarding with our Workspace Partnership team.
- Partner with local landlords and building operators offering flexible workspace solutions.**An ideal candidate for this role would be:**- Having previous experience in the Coworking/Flexible Workspace industry in EMEA, and proven experience growing a business regionally.
- A people person! We are looking for someone who can effectively lead and connect with our team and partners. This person will need to be in tune with the requirements of all parties involved.
- Comfortable having phone or video calls with workspaces, prospective partners, vendors, answering a variety of questions, and able to customize responses by keeping all parties' perspectives in mind.
- A natural salesperson. You'll be our key representative in the region and we're looking for someone who is charming, persuasive, logical and thinks out of the box.
- Knowledgeable of regional ordinances that effect the business. Our GM should know local rules, laws, and cultural traditions that effect our business.
- Having a keen ability to translate trends into actionable advice that anticipates customer and market needs and leads the market.
- Able to set quarterly and annual goals and meet them continually, knowing it takes consistency and planning to achieve larger goals.
- Proactive in sharing their feedback and experiences with the team, while able to give suggestions or come up with new ideas to resolve an issue or improve the experience for all of our stakeholders.
- Genuinely excited about the work we're doing! It's an incredibly exciting time in our industry and we are looking for someone that is genuinely excited and motivated to push things forward.- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
- Dynamic, creative, and collaborative work environment in a driven team.
- Flexible work schedule. Having a comfortable and stimulating work environment is important to us. We are constantly working to create something unique and exciting that connects people with welcoming communities and beautiful work spaces. We build our work schedule together to help the team be its creative best.
- Competitive compensation & bonus program, as well as a benefits package.
Location & Availability
Our team is fully distributed, while this is a remote role we are looking for someone that lives in the EMEA region and has the capacity and availability to travel to our growing network of cities and spaces in EMEA.###
Communication will be through online channels (Slack or otherwise) as well as voice communication as needed (Zoom/Phone/Google Hangout/etc.)
This role will report directly to the CEO and work with our executive leadership team.